Tourism Vernon’s concerted media relations efforts have paid big dividends in 2015 – over $1.6 million worth in advertising equivalency and reaching over 5 million readers both nationally and internationally!
We have all worked so well together to put Vernon in the travel media spotlight and we would like to thank all our partners and tourism stakeholders for their tireless efforts to shine our wonderful and welcoming city in the best possible light.
Over the year we have collectively:
- Hosted 30 journalists on SIX media FAM trips – introducing Canada’s key travel media to the very best that Vernon has to offer;
- Hosted 20 independent media visits;
- Conducted 30+ appointments at Go Media Marketplace;
- Facilitated eight story development inquiries;
- Hosted three media lunches/dinners – one in Calgary, one in Vancouver and one in Seattle; and
- Distributed our inaugural Media Story Ideas newsletter in November.
It was a busy year and at times exhausting, but all of our hard work most definitely paid off if you look at the results: Vernon’s story was shared in 34 outlets at home, nationally and internationally, including television, websites, blogs, magazines and newspaper, to a combined readership of over 5 million, and the advertising equivalency of over $1.6 Million!
Not every visiting journalist published in 2015 as some were already planning ahead and working on editorial content for 2016, so we look forward to seeing even further fruits of our labour when those stories hit the marketplace. These forthcoming stories, combined with another two media dinners and three FAMS already on the docket for next year, holds another year of great earned media promise for 2016!
Once again we can’t thank you enough for sharing this work – and exciting journey – with us.