It is with great pleasure that we continue to work together to put Vernon in the travel media spotlight, with 2016 shaping up to be another bumper year for media engagement with just under $1 Million in values already!
The year is still young, and yet we already have the following media relations events done and dusted, bringing Vernon to the forefront of key travel media players’ minds:
- We commenced our semi-annual Media Newsletters program, with our first mailing circulated late last year. Our next mailing is scheduled to go out in July.
- In January, we hosted a Ski FAM, which was attended by six key journalists from Vitamin Daily, Snow Seekers, Luxury Travel, Forever Young, and the Vancouver Sun.
- In March, we hosted the TMAC – BC luncheon, where we lost no time in singing Vernon’s praises to the 60 journalists in attendance.
- Also in March, we hosted a Media dinner in Calgary prior to the Alberta Golf Show, with 11 journalists in attendance.
- From April 18-20th, we attended the Canada Media Marketplace in San Francisco, where we blasted through 25 scheduled appointments!
And we won’t be stopping there. Still to come this year:
- Food Artisans of the Okanagan has been published by award-winning food culture writer Jennifer Cockrall-King, and is due to be released in Indigo, Chapters and Coles on May 4th.
- TSN 1040 will be at Predator Ridge on May 12-13th.
- We will be hosting Our Meet Your Maker Media FAM from May 12-15th.
- We will be attending the TMAC Conference (Travel Media Association of Canada) in Cape Breton in June 2016.
- Facing Waves will be filming river and lake SUP in Vernon in June.
Check out our latest earned media stories and news here.
To say that we are proactively pursuing media – both national and international – in our efforts to promote our welcoming and vibrant city would be an understatement! The results definitely show our combined efforts are worth it and we thank you for your continued support in showing Vernon off to the media.