The first third of this year has been jam-packed with engagement, consultative, networking and promotional opportunities. We’ve asked, you’ve answered, and if there’s a consumer show or event where we can showcase our city and your businesses, you can bet we’ve hosted it, attended it, and lived and breathed increasing tourism to Vernon.
Here, a peek at just some of the networking we’ve been doing:
- Accommodators Workshop: In January this year, 15 accommodators attended our workshop, designed to help us increase business in 2016 and beyond. Going further back, though, it’s been one year since we started compiling data and the results show our need to push shoulder and winter season stays; and grow our average daily rate and length of stay. Also, 87% of visitors surveyed have indicated that they would come back again. We will leverage this data into our 2016 marketing campaigns to drive awareness of Vernon as a destination, and promote the abundance of attractions and activities in our area to drive shoulder and longer stays.
- We hosted a Tourism Planning Workshop on March 1st, designed to help chart Tourism Vernon’s strategic plan. This was well-attended by 42 industry stakeholders. We thank you for your support and help – findings proved invaluable to our planning.
- We attended the Edmonton Golf Show on March 5-6th.
- We attended the Calgary Golf Show on March 19-20th.
- We hosted Air Canada’s US Regional Market Managers FAM from April 12-13th.
- We will be hosting an Industry FAM from May 15-16th, where Vernon front-line staff and BC Visitor Centre teams will learn about the tourism opportunities in Vernon. This will create advocacy for tourism in Vernon and help get visitors to explore more and stay longer. 45 have signed up for the FAM, but we still have room for more. Contact email@example.com to join.
- We will be at the BC Destination Marketing Organization Association Annual Meeting in Vancouver on May 16-17th.
- We will be at the TIA-BC Summit at Sun Peaks on May 24-26th.
- TOTA with Tourism Vernon – 2016 Driving Tourism Together Road Show – end of May. Watch for the save the date email!
As you know, putting a face to our beautiful city is incredibly important for continued tourism growth and it is our sincere honour and privilege to be that face for you. We thank you for your continued support in our combined efforts to market our city and your businesses and products, which collectively make Vernon such a great tourism destination.