The Tourism Vernon team continues to get out into the field, in a whirlwind of travel and networking, marketing our city and your businesses to media, other Destination Marketing Organisations and travellers in BC, Canada and beyond, in any way we can.
Since our last update, we have hosted two media dinners, attended three major conferences, and organised a very well attended biking tourism workshop. And we still have a few events to go. Here is a quick round up of events we have been to over the last little while and those still to come in the next few weeks:
- We hosted media dinners in Vancouver on October 6th, 2016 and Seattle, WA on October 11th, 2016. Four travel media attended each of these events.
- We attended the Destination BC Visitor Information Network Session on November 2nd & 3rd, 2016.
- We attended Canada’s West Marketplace Trade Show in Jasper, Alberta, from November 14th-17th, 2016.
- We organised and hosted a Biking Tourism Workshop here in Vernon on November 21st, 2016.
- We were the host destination for the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) AGM & Tourism Summit at Predator Ridge, Vernon, on November 23rd & 24th, 2016. We also co-hosted the welcoming reception at this event with Black Press.
- We attended the annual 2016 BC Provincial Snow Show at Kal Tire Place, Vernon, on November 25th & 26th, 2016.
- We will be attending the Destination BC Destination Development Planning Workshop on December 5th, 2016.
- Looking forward to 2017 already, we will be attending the Tourism Industry Association of BC (TIA-BC) BC Tourism Industry Conference – BC Tourism Matters, in Victoria, BC, from February 22nd-24th, 2017.
We also use these events to learn as much as we can about how to better market your businesses and our destination and look forward to sharing those learnings with you in the upcoming months.
As always, we’d like to thank you, our stakeholders, for your continued support in our combined efforts to market our city and your businesses and products, which collectively make Vernon such a great tourism destination. We may be the face of our beautiful city at the numerous events and conferences we attend, but you are truly the backbone.